Community Group Gathering via ZOOM
Due to the need for physical distancing and to help keep everyone healthy, we will be holding our Community Group gatherings online via ZOOM.
So grab dinner, a drink or a snack, and join us live for fellowship & discussion on our current Sunday sermon or designated topic.
If you would like to join us, contact Judy Furlong for the Zoom meeting link.
Judy 562.544.8365 (mobile)
Tonight’s Discussion Topic: Protection is Promised to those Who Shelter in God – Psalm 91
Sermon Audio Link
Sermon Video Link
1. What is the recurring theme throughout Psalm 91?
2. What dangers, common to mankind, are mentioned? The current pandering would obviously parallel what the Psalmist refers to at least three times. Have you faced a situation when you thought your life was in danger that relates to anything in this Psalm?
3. The agency of angels in protecting God’s children is explained in verses 11-12. Do you have any experiences to share when you thought that God’s secret messengers were involved in your care and safety?
4. Talk about Satan’s application of these verses to Jesus, tempting him to sin by throwing himself off the pinnacle of the Temple complex. Why did Satan omit a line of the text? Is the promise absolute in all situations or conditional? Explain the difference and why it matters to this particular promise of God.
5. Finally, does the application of the promises of Psalm 91 guarantee that a Christian will not contract COVID-19? What should we think about the cases where this has occurred? How can a divine promise be true in some cases and not others? Does a person need to know what God has said and take steps to apply it by faith first?