Community Group Gathering via ZOOM
Due to the need for social distancing and to help keep everyone healthy, we will be holding our Community Group gatherings online via ZOOM.
So grab dinner, a drink or a snack, and join us live for fellowship & discussion on our current Sunday sermon or designated topic.
If you would like to join us, contact Judy Furlong for the Zoom meeting link.
Judy 562.544.8365 (mobile)
Tonight’s Discussion Topic: Sermon on “New Wineskins for New Wine” from Mark 2:18-22
- Before this sermon, what other interpretations of the New Patch/Old Cloth and New Wine/Old Wineskins parables had you heard? Are there any other parables of which you are unsure?
- In the sequence of events that led up to the new vs. old parables, what were the things that Jesus did and said that offended the scribes & others? What other times did Jesus say or do things that offended people? Should we follow His example to say & do things we know will offend?
- According to Mt. 13:10-17, Jesus spoke in parables for a particular reason. What was that reason and how does it apply to our study of Jesus’ parables?
- Jesus said the Bridegroom will be taken away and then they would fast/mourn. What was He talking about? How is New Covenant fasting any different than Old Covenant fasting?
- If William was correct, that the New Wineskins & New Wine are referring to the New Covenant, and that we are no longer subject to the Mosaic Law, how do we know what is lawful and unlawful in the New Covenant?