Community Group Gathering via ZOOM
We are holding our Community Group gatherings online via ZOOM.
So grab dinner, a drink or a snack, and join us live for fellowship & discussion of our current Sunday sermon or designated topic.
For more info text or call Judy at 562.544.8365 (mobile)
Click here to join the Zoom Meeting.
Tonight’s Discussion Topic: Acts 15:22-41
Tonight’s Discussion Questions:
- What strikes you about the letter sent from the Jerusalem church to the Gentile converts in Antioch?
- Although Paul never repeats verbatim the four stipulations of the Jerusalem Council in his letters, he does deal in detail with sexual immorality and food offered to idols in I Corinthians (ch.5-6, 8-9).
- Why do you suppose he skipped over the issue of “blood” and “things strangled”?
- What continues to be relevant and applicable for today?
- What are the abiding principles? (You may have to reread those chapters in I Corinthians.)
- Explain the reason for the reaction of the believers in Antioch when the letter was read to them.
- How and why do Christians and churches continually need to be “strengthened”? (Acts 14:22; 15:32,41; 16:5; 18:23)
- What is in the spiritual DNA of every authentic church?
- Does every believer also have this in his/her DNA?
- What can we learn from the schism that occurred between Paul and Barnabas?