Community Group Gathering via ZOOM
We are holding our Community Group gatherings online via ZOOM.
So grab dinner, a drink or a snack, and join us live for fellowship & discussion of our current Sunday sermon or designated topic.
For more info text or call Judy at 562.544.8365 (mobile)
Click here to join the Zoom Meeting.
Tonight’s Discussion Topic: Acts 15:13-21
Tonight’s Discussion Questions: Acts 15:13-21
1. How does the apostle James’ citation from Amos 9:11-12 support the mission to the Gentiles without requiring the conditions imposed by the Judaizers?
2. How are we to understand the restoration of “the test of David”?
3. Discuss James’ compromise solution to facilitate fellowship between Jewish and Gentile believers. What is the nature of these three to four stipulations that he lays down for the Gentile Christians to follow? Is James imposing some laws of Moses on the Gentiles and thus, placing a yoke of bondage on them? Was James’ solution acceptable to Paul and Barnabas?
4. When a missionary takes the gospel to a people of another culture, explain what might be involved in “contextualizing the gospel.” In what areas can the missionary be flexible and adaptable? What remains unchangeable and non-negotiable for the person serving the Lord Jesus Christ at home or on a foreign mission field?
5. Is there any area of GPC’s ministry that needs to work on better “contextualization”?