Community Group Gathering via ZOOM
Due to the need for social distancing and to help keep everyone healthy, we will be holding our Community Group gatherings online via ZOOM.
So grab dinner, a drink or a snack, and join us live for fellowship & discussion of our current Sunday sermon or designated topic.
If you would like to join us, contact Judy Furlong for the Zoom meeting link.
Judy 562.544.8365 (mobile)
Tonight’s Discussion Topic: Acts 14:19-28
Tonight’s Discussion Questions:
1. What Roman provinces did Paul and Barnabas evangelize on their first missionary journey, and what cities did they plant churches in?
2. Paul and Barnabas “made many disciples” in Derbe. This is exactly what Jesus commanded in the great commission (Matt.28:19). What does it mean to be a disciple, and how does the church make disciples for the Lord Jesus Christ? What process and training is required? Is a disciple to be distinguished from a simple believer? Are there some believers who are not disciples?
3. When Paul and Barnabas revisited the young believers on their return preaching circuit, they wanted to strengthen them. What was the substance of their message to these new converts? Is this emphasis still needed today? Why?
4. In addition to teaching the believers about the necessity of persevering “in the faith”, Paul and Barnabas brought organization to these fledgling churches by appointing elders. What conclusions can we draw from this passage concerning church leadership?
5. What is “the work”? (Acts 13:2; 14:26; 15:38) Do you know someone who was called to “the work”? What did you learn from them and about them? What did Jesus say about “the work”? (Matt.9:37-38)