Community Group Gathering via ZOOM
Due to the need for social distancing and to help keep everyone healthy, we will be holding our Community Group gatherings online via ZOOM.
So grab dinner, a drink or a snack, and join us live for fellowship & discussion of our current Sunday sermon or designated topic.
If you would like to join us, contact Judy Furlong for the Zoom meeting link.
Judy 562.544.8365 (mobile)
Discussion Topic: Acts 13:1-12
CLICK HERE FOR AUDIO LINK OF SERMON
- What is the significance of Acts 13 to the story Luke is telling concerning the spread of the Jesus movement?
- How would you describe the church at Antioch, Syria based on the information Luke gives in Acts?
- Recount the first leg of Barnabas and Saul’s first missionary journey. Where did they go upon departing Antioch and why? Look up these places on a Bible map and follow their journey.
- Why do you think the missionary team often began their ministry in each new place at the local synagogue? There are nine references in Acts to their preaching in synagogues first before reaching out to the Gentiles.
- Luke narrates yet another confrontation between the kingdom of darkness and the Kingdom of God when Barnabas and Saul are opposed by the Jewish false prophet and magician, Bar-Jesus. How did Paul deal with this person? Can you imagine a church leader today in a similar situation? Does the truth of Luke 10:19 belong to the followers of Jesus in the 21st century? Have you heard of or taken part in a “power encounter” that you can share?
- Finally, the Holy Spirit calls missionary service “the work”, an expression found several more times in the story that unfolds. Why is “the work” of missions the greatest and most glorious work anyone can be called to?