Community Group Gathering via ZOOM
Due to the need for social distancing and to help keep everyone healthy, we will be holding our Community Group gatherings online via ZOOM.
So grab dinner, a drink or a snack, and join us live for fellowship & discussion of our current Sunday sermon or designated topic.
If you would like to join us, contact Judy Furlong for the Zoom meeting link.
Judy 562.544.8365 (mobile)
Tonight’s Discussion Topic: Acts 11:19-30
Tonight’s Discussion Questions:
- How did the church at Antioch get started? Who planted it? Why was this an ideal city for the birth of Gentile Christianity?
- Who was Barnabas and why was he sent to Antioch?
- Why did Barnabas recruit Saul of Tarsus to assist him with the work in Antioch and not one of the apostles from the Jerusalem church?
- Believers were first called “Christians” at Antioch. What is the probable meaning of this early designation of the Lord’s followers? How has the meaning changed since the 1st century?
- Is it possible to harmonize Paul’s own account of his location and travels after conversion (Gal.1:17-2:1) with Luke’s narrative (Acts 9:19-31;11:25-30)?
- If time permits, engage in life on life ministry to one another.