Community Group Gathering via ZOOM
Due to the need for social distancing and to do our best to help keep everyone healthy, we will be holding our Community Group gatherings online via ZOOM.
So grab dinner, a drink or a snack, and join us live for fellowship & discussion on our current Sunday sermon or designated topic.
If you would like to join us, contact Judy Furlong for the Zoom meeting link. Judy 562.544.8365 (mobile)
Tonight’s Discussion Topic: Sermon given by Mike McCready on “Safety is Being in the Hand of God” from John 10:25-30
- As humans, we desire to feel safe in this life.
- Is this desire something that helps or hurts our walk and witness?
- Can we ever attain true or real safety? If ye, what does it look like?
- Jesus states no one can snatch his sheep from his hand for his Father’s hand.
- How does that relate to this first life?
- How does that relate to life after the first death?
- Jesus states that he knows his sheep and they know him (John 10:14). Verse 15 states “just as” the father knows him and he knows the Father.
- During this first life, what does this knowing look like?
- To what extent is our knowing Jesus “just as” Jesus knowing his Father?
- Does the “knowing” extent or nature change between us after the first death?
- Knowing the above…
- What comfort or encouragement does this give?
- What sense of “safety does it give?
- Does this change the way we live? If so, how?