Community Group Gathering via ZOOM
Due to the need for social distancing and to help keep everyone healthy, we will be holding our Community Group gatherings online via ZOOM.
So grab dinner, a drink or a snack, and join us live for fellowship & discussion on our current Sunday sermon or designated topic.
If you would like to join us, contact Judy Furlong for the Zoom meeting link.
Judy 562.544.8365 (mobile)
Tonight’s Discussion Topic: Acts 10:34-43
Tonight’s Discussion Questions:
- Peter’s opening statement to Cornelius and his guests was his new understanding regarding God’s dealings with people. Explain what this revolutionary concept was for Peter.
- Peter’s declaration of God’s impartiality is the foundation of his argument. How do you distinguish between God’s impartiality in this context and God’s favoritism toward the elect?
- How would you answer those who appeal to Acts 10:35 as a proof text for their belief that certain “righteous” Gentiles will be saved without the knowledge of Jesus Christ?
- Peter’s proclamation of the apostolic message began with the announcement of the “good news of peace.” Unpack the meaning and significance of this point in view of who Peter is speaking to.
- Peter included in this message to a Gentile audience references to Jesus’ public ministry. What did Peter choose to highlight about Jesus? Do you see any application for today from Peter’s example of Gentile evangelism? Check recent surveys concerning what people know about Jesus Christ in the 21st century. What percentage of people have read the four Gospels? What can you assume that people know about Jesus?