Join us for dinner, fellowship & discussion of our current sermon series or designated topic. All are welcome.
Main Dish & Beverage will be provided.
Please Bring an appetizer or dessert to share.
Tonight’s Location: The Haley Home – Long Beach (near Studebaker/Atherton)
For Directions Contact: Daniel (714) 673-8906, email@example.com; Miya (310) 930-3060, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tonight’s Discussion Topic: John 13:18-20 & John 21:1-14.
1. For what purpose did Jesus reveal his foreknowledge of his betrayal?
2. Why is foreknowledge a proof of his deity?
3. Discuss God’s knowledge of the future in light of “open theism.” How do we refute this view of God’s foreknowledge from Scripture?
4. Judas was chosen to be the traitor of Jesus and fulfill the Scripture. Grapple with one of the most difficult questions of predestination: Was Judas predestined and created for this purpose? Where in the Bible is this subject addressed? Was Judas a hapless victim of the Divine decree and could not do otherwise than betray Jesus?
5. How does the 1689 Confession
guard and guide our understanding of predestination? What are the three qualifying phrases under the first section that protect God’s decree from misunderstanding? Explain the meaning of each phrase.
6. What does the third resurrection appearance of Jesus at the Sea of Galilee possibly symbolize? Compare Luke 5 and note the similarities and differences between the two accounts of the miraculous catch of fish. How might each account symbolize the church militant and the church triumphant?