Join us for dinner, fellowship & discussion of our current sermon series or designated topic. All are welcome.
Main Dish & Beverage will be provided.
Please Bring an appetizer or dessert to share.
Tonight’s Location: The Haley Home, Long Beach (near Atherton & Studebaker)
For Directions Contact: Miya (310) 930-3060; Daniel (714) 673-8906
Tonight’s Discussion Topic:
1. Whom should be doing the baptizing?
2. Jesus and the apostles lived a “Great Commission lifestyle”. What do you think is meant by that? Should we imitate them?
3. Are there any helpful tips you can share on how to”go” into the world and share your faith?
1. Since through Isaac God has called us to salvation, why do you suppose He promised Hargar, through Ishmael to build a mighty nation?
2. But as then he that was born of the flesh persecuted the one born of the Spirit, so also it is now. In what ways is this still true today?
(If time permits):
1. Paraklatos is difficult to translate (i.e. Helper, Comforter, Counselor, Advocate, Paraclete). It literally means “one called alongside to help” and often in legal matters. What does Jesus mean when he tells the disciples that the Spirit is “another” Helper (ESV)?
2. What is the difference between the Spirit’s relationship to God’s people before and after Pentecost?