Join us for dinner, fellowship & discussion of our current sermon series or designated topic. All are welcome.
Main Dish & Beverage will be provided.
Please Bring an appetizer or dessert to share.
Tonight’s Location: The Dwyer Home – Whittier (near Whittier Blvd & Pickering)
For Directions Contact: Vanessa (626) 633-6004; John(626) 274-0252
Tonight’s Discussion Topic: John 19:16-22 and Psalm 22:11-15
1. What new details (not found in the earlier accounts of Matt., Mk., and Lk.) surrounding Jesus’ crucifixion did the Apostle John record in his gospel narrative? Why do we want to know as much as we can about our Savior’s sacrifice for us?
2. The place of Jesus’ execution was called “the place of the skull” and in Aramaic “Golgotha.” Why this name? What other geographical information do we have concerning this place?
3. Pilate’s inscription that posted the reason for Jesus’ condemnation in the three major languages of the world provoked “the chief priests of the Jews.” Why did they demand that Pilate change it? How did Pilate respond? Do you think Pilate was saying more than he himself realized?
4. In Jesus’ Bread of Life discourse (John 6) he interprets the bread as his death. Note the places where he makes that connection and explain why his death in particular feeds and nourishes us. How can we apply this in our daily walk with him?
5. Psalm 22 depicts the crucified Son of David prophetically. As we were thinking our way through this section what stood out and spoke to you?