Join us for dinner, fellowship & discussion of our current sermon series or designated topic. All are welcome.
Main Dish & Beverage will be provided.
Please Bring an appetizer, salad, side dish or dessert to share.
Tonight’s Location: The Cole Home, Long Beach (near Second Street & Argonne)
For Directions Contact: Home (562) 434-3513; Jim (562) 481-4159; Anita (562) 453-9301
Tonight’s Discussion Topic: Acts 3:1-10 & I Corinthians 15:29-34
Sermon Links: Sermon on Acts 3:1-10 & Sermon on I Corinthians 15:29-34
1. How does Dr. Luke depict the sad and desperate condition of the lame man? Do you see any spiritual parallels to our condition before Christ heals us?
2. Explain what Peter meant when he commanded the lame man to rise up and walk “in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.”
3. What should we think of the claim being made today that the church has been given the authority to continue the ministry of Jesus in the world, including power to work miracles?
4. Baptism for the dead is an ordinance in the Mormon church. Research their practice and be prepared to refute the false theology behind it.
5. What difference does it make in your life to believe in the resurrection of the dead?