Join us for dinner, fellowship & discussion of our current sermon series or designated topic. All are welcome.
Main Dish & Beverage will be provided.
Please Bring an appetizer or dessert to share.
Tonight’s Location: The Bonderov Home, Whittier (Whittier Blvd/Painter Ave)
For Directions Contact: Sam (562) 441-4921; Monica (562) 668-2423
Tonight’s Discussion Topic: Obadiah 1:15-21 & John 11:1-7
Discussion Questions for Obadiah 1:15-21 “Restoration” –
1. How do you live in light of the hope we have in Christ?
2. Do you always feel like an exile in this world?
Discussion Questions for John 11:1-7
1. John calls Jesus’ miracles “signs” and recounts seven in his gospel. Can you recall these in order? Why does John call them “signs”?
2. Is there a distinction to be made between the phileo love of verse 3 and the agapao love of verse 5? What reason might explain why phileo is not used in verse 5?
3. The point was made that Lazarus was loved by Jesus and yet afflicted. Talk about how pain and suffering in the Christian life are “Christ’s love tokens.” Can this be supported elsewhere in Scripture?
4. Jesus’ unexpected response to the sister’s message is full of instruction. What is the significance of Jesus’ two day delay before acting?